Grand Pacific Junction

Historic Shopping District
An Historic Restoration Project by Clint Williams Realty  

Christmas Open House Dec 6th

Falls Family Photography

Mary's Hair Salon

Photos

Community Links

Olmsted Chamber
Olmsted Schools
City of Olmsted Falls
Olmsted Township
Olmsted Community Center

 
 

 

"The Doll House"
This is one of the best-preserved Greek Revival cottages in historic downtown Olmsted Falls. It originally belonged to William TeGrotenhuis. There are no records of a previous owner and/or his family. Gerrit TeGrotenhuis came from the Netherlands in 1881 with his family of five. He made wooden shoes in a shed behind the house, and also made baskets from willow trees by Plum Creek. The house had no central heat or plumbing until 1943. It had just four rooms and a quarry stone basement with a dirt floor. Ironically, the name TeGrotenhuis means "big house" in Dutch.